Turn my days to frozen hours. ba-duh-duh
right, so I’m not lovin the thermal look, but hey, Tahoe and all. Some of the comments are golden tho. I like the Noisy! post “sounds like old granny sweats”. heh, sold!
A Year Without Pants
I like spelling things out around the holidays. Can’t have someone laying offerings at my feet with misinformation;)
1. Spa visit. Seems like a sweet surprise, but save your duckets. I don’t want you guessing at my favorite personals. I have people all over the map.. nails, waxing, facials.. and none of them connect.
2. Restaurant gift certificate. just make the darn reservation and slice out a piece of time for dinner.
3. A blender. Seriously, listen. I love to cook but there are rules about housewares. Family and best friend, maybe.. actually sure, I trust your motives! Facebook ‘friend’.. er, no. and you shouldn’t be shopping for me, regardless;) Otherwise, do not give food prep items to people who occasionally prep your food. Goes 1000x over for cleaning supplies. I will cut you if I’m forced to unwrap a Hoover.
whew, baggage. moving on..
4. Shoes. obvious, but let’s put it in writing.
5. Kinect. ok fine, I have one, so it doesn’t count. But ugh, frustrating enough to make the list. It’s mostly just the unmet desire to lord over Netflix. Only so many ways you can say “XBox, Pause!.. um, pause?? XBOX PAU.. ack! not rewin.. no wait. er, stop? XBOXSTOPP!!” AND I’m way disturbed by the mini, heat-vision view of me on the couch with my martini, waiting for the next ep of House to just PLAY already! sigh.
6. A baby anything. person, cat, etc. Do not bring me tiny bodies to maintain. The cuter it is, the less likely it can clean its own bum.
7. Clothing in any size larger than small. The pain of exchange is so worth playing Pretend I’m Skinny.
8. A vest. also obvious.
9. Cash. Santa is not the Tooth Fairy.
10. Pants!!;) tho if you do, make them a size OO!
Woke this morning with all the sparkly dancers still in my head. Amazing performance! Made me want to eat sugar straight from the bowl. So, yes, great evening! heh
Anyway, back down to earth to sort clothes. glug, huge project. I had no idea. It’s basically like reorganizing a not-so-hip boutique. Think maybe I was a shopping hoarder in my past life. keep finding things with tags attached.. which, awesome deal on a great Claiborne dress! but what the heck? Why have I never worn it??
The easiest answer.. the right occasion didn’t pop up and smack me. But then, boyhowdy! let’s make one. I mean, why not Open Table myself a reason to wear that dress!:)
So, I reserved a cozy patio spot at Foreign Cinema for the 23rd. I’ve never been. Might be a bit too themed for my taste, but I’m curious. AND they’re playing Spirited Away. Win!
Tonight I’m off to see the San Francisco Ballet perform the Nutcracker! And I must say, this skirt is doing it for me. If I were 8, I’d toss a proper fit until it landed under the tree.
Guessing it’d feel far less magical in the produce section of Safeway, but! I’d be more apt to twirl through my day. Might make Tuesdays more fun;)
Happy Sugar Plums!
Finally ordered the dreaded Skort. Maybe it’s the unword what bugs me.. or the ‘ort’. Makes your mouth do ugly things. I’ll go with ‘jogging skirt’.
have to admit, I don’t HATE it. Just seems a little on the too-far side to bother. But in my head, it’s sorta preventative. Having access to running pants invites me to lounge around or run errands before working out. Unlikely I’ll be tempted to stop for a soy latte in one of these;)
so, B2B Costumes. quickly realizing the limited number of choices for running.
You’re pretty much restricted to VERY short skirts or risk a nasty road rash. can’t be too flowy or complicated. And that basically just leaves the “sexy” selections. which, I wouldn’t complain about were I (eh hem) somewhat younger, but cmon. Isn’t the skort embarrassment enough?? why add Head Nurse Halter to the list.
It’s the same around Halloween. you’re faced with WALL of WENCHES. and maybe if everything wasn’t made from the absolute sh!ttiest fabric known to goblins, I’d half consider the Totally Mad Hatter because whoa.. crazy works in certain situations, but 7am in the middle of the Embarcadero? not so sizzly.
regardless, I gotta pick something. Rainbow Bright could work. need to think on it.
k, lighter mood, obviously;) Time to start moving forward with Christmas and pantless plans for 2011.
Sooo TODAY! I registered for the 100th running of Bay to Breakers! and I’m more than a little excited. What better way to celebrate the Year of Legs than with a nekkid event. not to imply Yours Truly will be all skin out, but it’s definitely a golden op to wear something other than the usual lycra capris.
The real wig splitter tho, is WHAT??! it’s gotta be fun, colors n sparkles, and maybe a cape. er, no cape. MAYBE fur? dunno. but I gotta be able to run in it. I picked corral A this year (whoa.) and I’ve yet to run that fast. ever. 2010 brought me in at 1:08:29 and that’s pretty much the best time I’ve managed so far. but I’m hopeful because..
First – once I lock on it’s done. I’ll do it, or file my feet down to nubs trying.
B – I just bought a FAB home gym! not crazy fancy, but still awesome, imo. Body Solid G6B with.. (best part) a LEG PRESS!!! is it weird that I get a little flushed when I think about it? what, I like exercise. it’s a thing.
lastly, I’ll have a friend with me. and his half-effort will blow me off the pavement, so I gotta step it up. it’s not fair tho. his legs are roughly the length of ME, but still. he better at least look winded when we finish. fake it!;p
anyways, I’m drifting. Costumes! I’m wearin somethin happy. must have skirt, must be bendy/stretchy, must not make me look like Stay Puft.
sounds like a fun web shopping weekend:) post my faves!
Too frustrated to sort clothes today.. and a little melancholy. Naturally, Big Life Things tend to put pants in their place. So, I’d rather just ramble on about my dad’s style instead. it’s worth noting.
I rarely recall seeing my father looking anything but meticulously arranged. Always cleanly shaved and neatly pressed, on most every occasion, including beach holidays (srsly). The man likes to groom. Not obsessively, but he takes pride. Ushering a Mad Men quality of flair into modern decades, when tucked shirts are considered dressin up! pristine habits, to say the least.
Wasn’t until we were grown would he consider wearing sneakers. and I still remember the first pair of ‘short pants’ we sold him on. He eventually conceded to the softer polo for casual afternoons (still gotta COLLAR!;) But even in retirement, he never loses the polish. His dedication to clean living comes across in the smallest details. a nice belt, neat manicure, a fresh cut. it’s all there.
He’s a man’s man. quiet and gentle. a dad who makes certain his three girls know exactly how awesome they are. heh.
and he does it all with zing;)
but only coffee in my cup. bout to tear this dresser up… ok, I’m done.
Digging in! bedroom’s a mess but the progress feels good. Wow tho, I just keep findin pants, they’re everwheres. So far I’ve counted 14 jeans! why do I wear the SAME 3 pair each week??
and I’ve yet to start on the closet. way more work than anticipated.
Always nice to have pet support tho. Clearly he approves;)